Rain Bird sprinklers were invented by a man named Orton Englehart around 1933 in south California. He was a farmer who grew citrus. When this unique device i.e. Rain Bird Sprinkler was brought into use, it was found that it distributed water more efficiently and more evenly as compared to the other sprinklers which were in use at that time.
Rain Bird sprinklers is now-a-days most commonly used for the watering of huge place like sports arenas, golf courses, amusement parks, etc. they still continue to be one of the best quality of sprinklers a homeowner can purchase. There are more than 4,000 different types of Rain Bird sprinklers and accessories offered which are distributed under five specific types: Consumer, Contractor, Golf, commercial and agriculture.
Following are some of the variety of impact sprinklers offered by Rain Bird.
1. Rain Bird Maxi-Bird: This riser mounted impact head is ideal for large areas like slopes and above-grade applications. It covers a Distance is 22 to 45 while its coverage is 1.5 to 8.4 GPM. It has a precipitation rate of 0.28 to 1.21 per hour. The advised operating pressure is 25 to 60 PSI.
2. Rain Bird 2045A Maxi-Paw: This Maxi Paw impact sprinkler is ideal for dirty water applications having spacing upto 45 feet. It also covers a distance of 22 to 45 with coverage 1.5 to 8.4 GPM. Its precipitation rate is 0.23 to 1.05 per hour with advised operation pressure 25 to 60 PSI.
3. Rain Bird 35A-TNT Impact Sprinkler: This 35A TNT riser mounted impact sprinkler works ideally on slopes and large non turf applications. It covers a distance of 42 to 51 with a coverage distance of 3.9 to 7.8 GPM. Its precipitation rate is 0.43 to 0.67 per hour with advised operating pressure 30 to 60 PSI.
4. Rain Bird 65P JAD J-TNT: This 1 65P JAD J-TNT riser mounted impact sprinkler work ideally for slopes and large, non turf applications. It covers a distance of 57 to 65 with coverage of 12.9 to 16.5 GPM. Its precipitation rate is 0.75 to 0.94 per hour with an advised operating pressure of 50 to 80 PSI.
6. Rain Bird 47 series: This 47 series impact sprinkler works ideally in dirty water applications with a spacing upto 62 feet. It covers a distance of 41 to 63 with coverage of 4.4 to 7.5 GPM. Its precipitation rate is 0.45 to 1.32 per hour with an advised operating pressure of 40 to 100 PSI.