Energy Efficient Light Bulbs
Energy Efficient Light Bulbs rock. Generally speaking, about 30% of your electricity bill is spend on lighting in your house. You can reduce these by using energy efficient light bulbs. By using the energy saving light bulbs you can decrease the amount of electricity bill by getting the same amount of light like the standard light bulb with the use of very little electricity. This new invention in technology tells us that energy saving light bulbs is 8 times better than the standard light bulbs.
The energy efficient light bulbs use a very low energy for the lighting purpose and provide you with a number of varieties of energy saving bulbs as well as fittings. These bulbs and fittings are best suited for your outdoor as well as indoor lighting. You also get a wide choice of LED fittings and LED bulbs.
You should know that the working of the energy efficient light bulbs depends upon some special units. It will not work with the standard dimmers, timers and sensors, however. The different types of domestic light bulbs are as follows:
* Halogen Bulbs- they have a small pocket full with halogen gas that emits a bright and a white light. A great degree of light is emitted as compared to the standard light bulb having similar wattage and using less electricity at the same time. They also a longer time of burning of about 2000 to 3000 hours, in addition. The old units of halogen needed a transformer and ran at a low voltage. Thus, their output was limited to about 20W. But now the halogen bulbs are available that do not need a transformer any more and at the same time would give you better outputs.
* Standard Fluorescent Bulbs- these are thin and long tubes that are generally found in the offices of garages. They are considered as more efficient as compared to the standard light bulbs as heat is not produced in them. They have a burning time of about 10,000- 20,000 hours. They can last for about 10-20 years long due to this longevity in life time.
* Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs- this fluorescent bulb is recommended greatly over a regular bulb. It produces about 4 times more light as compared to the regular bulb of the same wattage. The lasting period of the fluorescent light bulbs is about 10,000 hours. If you are thinking of replacing the standard light bulbs in your house with an energy efficient bulb, then the compact fluorescent light bulb will be one of the best options available to you.
Let us discuss about the advantages and disadvantages of using the energy efficient light bulbs.
* Less amount of heat is generated and they don't need to replaced frequently.
* They save a lot of energy and last for a very long time.
* It saves your money in the long term.
* The quality of light generated is not always very good.
* They are very delicate especially when hot.
* They are very expensive.