Cleaning Hardwood Floors
You have recently installed hardwood floors at your house. The house will now appear nice and clean. Now what about the cleaning process? How to maintain the cleanliness and shiny texture of the flooring throughout the years? Don't worry, this article will provide you with all the necessary information.
It will help you by guiding you in cleaning the hardwood floors, which supplies to be used for cleaning, how frequently the floors needs to be cleaned and a list of the worst enemies of the wooden floors.
Try the following process in cleaning the hardwood floors of your house:
* The wooden floors should be swept frequently using a fine and a soft bristled broom.
* It should be vacuumed once or twice a week for removing the hidden sand and the dirt. If you find scratches developing on the floor, then you can use a soft brush attachment for the vacuuming process.
* Don't use water on the wooden floors that is one of the worst enemies of the wooden floors. You can remove the ASAP wet spills either with a wet or a dry vacuum or with the help of a soft towel. Then, don't forget to dry the floor thoroughly immediately.
* You can use a dry and a damp mop for mopping the wooden polyurethaned floors, as surplus water may seep inside and cause damage to the floor.
* In then high traffic areas, it is best to use carpet runners having non-skid pads on the wood floors.
* The runners and the area rugs must be vacuumed frequently, so as to prevent the filtration of the dirt through the weave and scratching the wood below.
* It is advisable to avoid high heels or heavy shoes on the hardwood floors as they can cause dents on the floor.
* Any furniture or other object should not be dragged on these floors. Instead, gliding furniture pads to be used for the purpose to ease the sliding on the floor.
* Floor mats should be installed at every entrance to avoid the tracking in dirt from the bottom of your footwear's.
* Furniture pads should be used under the chairs and the table's legs, wardrobes, dressers or any piece of furniture to avoid the scratching and rusting on the floor.
* You may need to wax and buff some floors periodically. Talk with the manufacturer regarding such specific treatments for your hardwood floors.
* Take care to follow all the recommendations of the manufacturer for the treatment of the dents and the scratches. If any are of the floor is damaged because of water, it becomes very difficult to treat it.
It is always advisable to use area rugs in the areas of high traffic. Any spills found on the floor should be removed off immediately. Small drips of water are not harmful for the flooring, but always take care that adequate water does not sit on the floor. Find out what method of cleaning and caring are required for your specific flooring from the manufacturer and do the same at home.