Back Pain Kidney
Back Pain Kidney issues are important. As you near 40, you may be one of the unlucky ones facing problems like back pain. Back Pain is the most common symptom of your aging. You must give prompt attention to your back pain problem because it may be a root cause for many other diseases. People facing this problem are desperate for relief because this itching sensation destroys your happy life.
In medical terms back pain is known as "dorsalgia". It is pain which starts from spine. It may be pain from parts of bones or muscles. Back pain may be developed suddenly. Some people are lucky to have minor back pain while others are troubled with constant and chronic back pain.
If you have lower back pain, then it may be related to kidneys. Kidneys are located to the sides of the spine. There will be softness in this area if the back pain is something about kidney pain. Any outside injury to the area near the kidneys may result into back pain near kidney. This type of back pain will last for many days.
The kidney infection can also be a cause of lower back pain. This problem is very difficult to assess because the pain is from the kidney itself but often misunderstood as back pain. It is serious because it develops fast, but it will not last if kidney infection is healed or the kidney stone is passed.
Early diagnosis of back pain gives better relief to the patient. To find out exact nature of back pain related to kidney, doctors prefer to do some tests. These tests are simple one but they are necessary for effective treatments. Every person's body will respond differently to the pain and the treatment also. Hence it is essential to consider the every case of kidney back pain individually.
Some of the tests are as follows.
1. Urine Dipstick test: Indicator paper is used to find out the blood and protein in the urine. When there is an infection these are present in urine. If there is positive result of presence of nitrate in fresh urine then there is infection.
2. Urine Culture: Mid stream urine is tested in laboratory for existence of bugs in urine. This urine should be collected half way through passing urine because it needs clear urine which does not contain bugs from skin.
3. Scan or X ray of the kidneys and bladder
4. Blood Tests
5. Blood pressure
Treatment depends upon the extent and cause of the kidney back pain. If it is due to the infection of kidney stone then it will go away once the infection is gone. Treatment for kidney back pain may include the heat therapy. It gives temporary relief from the back pain related to kidney. If you have soreness and pains around the kidneys, it can be reduced fast with the help of moist heat. It is the safer method and gives better results.
Kidney pain is the occasion of pain that derives from the kidney. Pain affected by the kidneys is in general suffered in the flank area, which is in the back, just at the lower edge of the ribs on either side of the spine. Pain affected by the kidneys has a tendency to be sharp, ruthless and arise in waves.
In a good number of cases, kidney disease does not bring about pain or distress close to the kidneys. This is since there are so little nerves that feel pain in the kidney. There are some in the area near the kidney. Nearly all of the time once there is pain, it derives from somewhere else in the urinary tract system, especially the bladder and the tubes linking the kidneys to them.
Here are some general causes of kidney pain:
1. Kidney stones. The pain initiated by kidney stones takes place when a stone becomes lodged in the ureter, the slender tube that links up the kidney with the bladder. Urine stream is subsequently blocked, which leads to urine to back up into the kidney. Accordingly, the kidney enlarges and swells, spreading out the pain-sensitive capsule, or skinny covering surrounding it.
2. Kidney infection. Pain initiated by kidney infection / pyelonephritis is connected to infection and inflammation in the kidney tissue. Infection leads to the kidney to enlarge and spreading out the pain-sensitive capsule nearby the kidney, causing excruciating painfulness over the kidney.
3. Kidney cancer. Hardly ever a kidney tumor or cancer could develop and spread out the kidney capsule steadily, or engage nerves in the kidney area, leading to pain.
4. Blocked urine flow. There are several things that can lead to a gradual blockage to urine flow (not an abrupt blockage such as that of a kidney stone); in these situations the kidney might be expanded and lead to a dull throbbing pain.
5. Polycystic kidney disease. An inherited disease called polycystic kidney disease (PKD) could cause substantial enlargement of the kidneys more than a period of years and on occasion can lead to a dull aching pain, which is typically suffered in the front of the abdomen rather than in the back.
A number of painkillers bought 'over the counter' at the chemists could be utilized for kidney pain. Paracetamol is the safest painkiller if you suffer it but do not take exceeding the suggested dosage.
If this is not helpful, painkilling drugs containing codeine could be utilized. If this is still not effectual, consult to your doctor regarding painkillers. Regrettably, it is frequently hard to find full pain relief in people with ruthless kidney pain.
A number of painkillers can be damaging in some people with kidney problem. Ibuprofen is not normally suggested if there is any degree of kidney failure. Simply take ibuprofen for kidney pain if its usage has been suggested by a doctor.
Though many people get relief with the treatment, the chronic pains need longer duration treatments. Some alternative therapies like hypnosis and acupuncture are also used to help the medical treatment.